Diary notes: *** 15th March - Easter Wreath making 2pm ***
Diary notes:   *** 15th March - Easter Wreath making 2pm *** 

AGAR notice

A document that must be completed by Local Councils, Internal Drainage Boards and other Smaller Authorities in England. Broadwell Parish are required to prepare this document.

 

This year's AGAR report is now available. Please click the button below. This will open the report as a pdf on a new tab in your browser 

Draft Minutes of meeting held on 12/05/23

BROADWELL PARISH AGM 2023

Draft Minutes of the Meeting on Friday 12th May 2023 at 7.00 pm, Broadwell Church

Attendees:  Mike Hough (MH, Chair). Phil Taylor (PT, Sec), Anne Taylor (AT), Annabel Molyneaux (AM), Malcolm Hunter (MH), Pete Taylor, Eric Linden Laird Craig (ELC, Treasurer), Tony, Richard Howard (RH), Alex Howard, Debbie Biles, Sue Ball, Malcolm Hunter, Paul and Karen Chapman

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Bronwyn, Anna & Hamish Coull, Chris and Helena Hilditch, Alison & Chris Goldingham, Kate & Chris Greenslade, Rob Linden Laird Craig, Ana Goni, Suzan Barrow and Leila Rezezad, Kev Ball

 

2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM PARISH AGM HELD ON 27th May 2022

Approved

 

  1. MATTERS ARISING

No matters raised.

 

  1. APPROVAL OF BROADWELL PARISH ACCOUNTS 2022/23 AND AGAR REPORT

Approved

Accounts and a certificate of exemption from full audit. Thanks to Hamish

Coull for acting as internal auditor. Basically the form confirms that in

2022/23 we received £600 from precept and passed £500 to the PCC.

 

  1. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

a. Porter Trust – the village meeting appoints two trustees – currently

Chris Greenslade and Kev Ball; they and Kencot counterparts (Henry

Fyson and others) have done great work upgrading facilities and

looking after the Recreation Ground in Kencot.

MH proposed that we continue to have them as our nominee trustees: Agreed and approved

b. Broadwell Trust – small trust set up for needy and deserving in the village. We have not made any donations this year. Currently over £1,000 in hand.

Proposed to fund repainting of the Village kiosk library (see later in the agenda item)

Other ideas to the Trustees: Anna Coull and MH

c. Planning – a few applications over the year. It was agreed that the Parish Meeting Chair will continue to circulate for comments.

d. OCC village tree – has been planted

 

  1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN, HON SECRETARY AND HON TREASURER TO THE PARISH MEETING

a. Hon Sec – Phil Taylor is prepared to keep on in this role - Approved

b. Treasurer – Eric Linden Laird Craig has had to resign, following repeated refusal of the bank to accept documentation of his identity and address.

Rob LLC is prepared to stand in his place – Approved

c. Chair – MH is standing down. There is one nomination: Richard Howard. MH

thanked RH for agreeing to stand - Approved

 

  1. Precept – agreed to increase by £100 to £600 for 2022/23, after no

increases for years. We further agreed a further 10% increase for 2023/24,

ie £660 a year. We need to set the precept for 2024/25. Proposed to follow RPI 13%+ yielding £750 – Proposed MH, Approved ELC

 

  1. VILLAGE EVENTS
  1. Church concert programme continues – if well supported, it increases the chances of other funding – profits go to meet the “parish share”.

(Post meeting note: The Parish Share is a substantial £4754. This is split equally between Kelmscott and Broadwell. Broadwell has very limited income as it has no regular services and relies on the regular giving from the Village. If anyone feels they can support the Church meet its costs, of which the Parish Share is just a part, they should contact Hamish Coull. All help greatly appreciated.)

b. The annual Harvest lunch is being organised by ELC

c. Photography – a visit is planned by a Church Photographer and a Witches Mark specialist in the next month. Further details will be shared when available.

 

  1. THE CHILLI PEPPER

RH and MH met with Suzan Barrow. She plans to continue marketing the pub, proposing the ‘pared down’ option as a possibility. MH suggested that it might be worth considering a joint venture between the village and an investor, should that possibility present itself. Rory McCougan has suggested that he might be interested in a joint venture (keeping the car park as a pub amenity).

There was some discussion on the merits of this proposal, including a potential opportunity for local employment, although this could not be explored in any detail.

There was little appetite to engage with Rory.

 

  1. RESTORATION AND DEVELOPMENT WORK IN THE CHURCH

a. Bell restoration went well in the past – bell ringers getting better by the

week – a bell ringing competition will be hosted next week – PT updated the meeting. PT also asked for any potential new ringers to step forward and join the group.

b. Kitchen and Loo – completion expected within 2 weeks.

c. Heating – some movement on part of Oxford Diocese to permit infra-red heating as the only serious option for intermittent us for short periods.

d. The weights have been removed. Seeking funding to get clock going again, with autowinder as an option.

e. Gates, stonework, churchyard – PT gave a brief update on the proposed changes to the Churchyard. A Faculty is to be requested to provide an area for cremated remains and a bench. A tree may also be planted.

f. People were asked to think creatively about making greater use of this community asset.

 

  1. STATE OF ROADS

Roads – pot-holes filled a bit. Please all use apps like “fill that hole” to report potholes to OCC. Plan to do a single top coat of bitumen throughout the village.

 

  1. NOTICEBOARD AND VILLAGE WEBSITE (WWW.BROADWELL.ORG.UK)

a. Proposed to spend a little bit of money from the parish account for materials to

rejuvenate the noticeboard. AT is happy to lead on this.

The website has been developed a lot over the year, thanks to PT. MH has covered the subscription of £9 a month, but would like to hand this responsibility to the Parish meeting account. A useful asset that could be used more. Approved

 

  1. BROADWELL VILLAGE LIBRARY

Anne Taylor curating. Paintwork in poor repair – proposed that Broadwell Fund cover reasonable costs if Anna Coull agrees, as it is serving a - broadly - educational purpose.

AT to get a quote for approval. Budget proposed at £200 with a cap at £400

(Post meeting note: AC agreed)

 

  1. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
    1. KC proposed that a defibrillator is needed in the Village. Proposed that the Pre-school would be an ideal site. We need to raise funds. Agreed in principle.
    2. Speed Limit change to 20mph. Noted as on the WODC list.
    3. Mike was thanked for his years of service to the Meeting and the Village.

 

 

Contact Us

Click here to find some local contacts

News

 

15th March, Easter wreath making in the church. Contact Anne Taylor

 

Enquiries

Any enquiries can be sent to the Chairman, Richard Howard, via: Broadwell.pc@gmail.com

Looking for a Village contact? You'll find some more here

Website

To request additional content or provide website feedback, please contact us at:

broadwell.website@gmail.com

All requests considered

 

Print | Sitemap

© Broadwell Village GL7 3QS

About Us ~ Contact Us ~ Data Protection Notices